Jonathan Goodman is the founder of the Personal Trainer Development Center and Online Trainer Academy Certification. He’s authored 11 books and lived in ten countries. You can listen to him host the hilarious and educational Online Trainer Show on iTunes, Spotify, or YouTube.
To Become a Certified Online Trainer and Level Up Your Fitness or Nutrition Business Click here
Special offer for listeners:
Grab a free book here - The wealthy fit pro's guide to online training (it's free + shipping so they cover shipping)
- (00:01:28) - What led Jonathan Goodman to becoming fitness business coach
- (00:05:55) - What inspired Jonathan Goodman to write a book
- (00:08:55) - Importance of delegation in business to protect your mental energy as a leader.
- (00:11:16) - Working on the business VS working in the business and why you need team around you.
- (00:15:02) - Biggest hurdles Jonathan had to face while growing his company
- (00:19:15) - Prediction of the future of fitness industry - endless opportunities for niches, overcoming pandemic with Online training and more.
- (00:22:20) - Use of technology in delivering fitness and example how porn industry does it well.
- (00:23:31) - Why do dooman exist? Making a point about importance of real human interactions and what will never be replaced by technology.
- (00:30:16) - Interesting use cases for implementing Virtual reality headsets in to add new level of experience during workouts.
- (00:34:10) - Key personality traits if you want to be a personal trainer. Importance of social communication skills.
- (00:38:25) - Critical importance to have other streams of income for face to face personal trainers.
- (00:40:49) - How do you transition in to online fitness personal training
- (00:43:55) - Perfection kills progress, start with MVP (Minimal viable product) to get started faster.
- (00:46:26) - Beta test your idea as not only a way to proof that it can make money but also to see if you actually enjoy doing it.
- (00:51:27) - What John wishes he did when he started building his business
Subscribe so you don't miss out:
- Subscribe on on your favourite platform by clicking here
Support this show:
- Rate on Podchaser
- Rate & Review on iTunes & Google Podcast
- Donate Auphonic Credits to assist with my production costs
Like & Follow The show :
Looking to start a podcast?
Here are some of my tried & tested recommendations.
Hosting - I host this podcast with Captivate, the world's only growth-oriented podcast host™ - you can too, and get your first 7-days on me by clicking here now.
Marketing your show - this is what I use to generate amazing audiograms for each episode - free to sign up by clicking here
Advertising, Angel investing Artificial intelligence, Behavioural sciences, Business, Cognition, Cognitive science, Communication, Culture, Distribution (marketing), E-commerce, Economy, Education, Educational technology, Empathy, Entrepreneurship, Epistemology, Equity (finance), Exercise, Experience, Extraversion and introversion, Facebook , Financial transaction, First-mover advantage, Fitbit, Future, Health, Innovation, Intelligence, Internet, Investing, IPhone, Language, Learning, Love, Marketing, Mentorship, Mindset, Minimum viable product, Monopoly, Muscle, Neuropsychological assessment, Online advertising, Online Trainer Academy, Personal trainer, Philosophy, Podcast, Pornography, Prediction, Preventive healthcare, Private equity, Psychology, Research and development, Rich Dad poor dad, Science, Sex industry, Silicon Valley, Social skills, Software release life cycle, Space, Technology, Training, Trait theory, Use case, Virtual assistant, Virtual reality, Fitness, Online coaching, Personal training, Fitness industry,Private coaching