My guest today is Jack Thomas a founder and CEO of BASE, voted 'Bangkok's Best Studio' in the ClassPass Studio Awards 2020 and Asia's 'Gym of the Year' 2018 at the Fitness Best Awards.
He also hosts the Fitness Business Asia podcast, a weekly show that was created with a mission to raise the standards of the fitness industry in Asia, and a vision of becoming the region's leading fitness business resource.
He is a regular speaker at the fitness industry's biggest events such as FIT Summit, Asia Fitness Conference, FIBO and ExPro. He shares how 911 emergency calls helped him realise the importance of training for all emergency dispatchers.
- (00:05:30) - What inspired Jack to start the Fitness Business Asia podcast
- (00:07:56) - Reach out to people, it's important to keep building new relationship and lot of opportunities come out of that.
- (00:11:03) - Jack's true entrepreneurial journey - finding a gap in Thai fitness market and going for it all in to solve a problem.
- (00:18:34) - Biggest learning curves Jack learned while growing his boutique fitness business
- (00:23:01) - Importance of developing a good systems in business
- (00:30:05) - Developing a world class boutigue studio process of developing a unique selling point
- (00:36:39) - Power of co-branding and partnerships - story how Base got with Adidas
- (00:39:41) - How having a strong vision and strong believe and desire can be enough to build a business from scratch
- (00:41:45) - We're talking about some personal predictions on where the fitness industry is moving towards
- (00:46:41) - Leading by example, keeping finger on the pulse in your business and never ending process of observing the industry & improving.
Subscribe So You Don't Miss Out:
- Subscribe to SIP mailing list to get regular updates by clicking here
Listen SIP On Your Favourite Platform:
- Listen on Success Inspired Podcast Official
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Stitcher
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Overcast
- Listen on Pocket Casts
Support This Show:
- Rate on Podchaser
- Rate & Review on iTunes & Google Podcast
- Donate Auphonic Credits to assist with my production costs
Like & Follow The Show :
Looking To Start A Podcast?
Here are some of my tried & tested recommendations.
Hosting - I host this podcast with Captivate, the world's only growth-oriented podcast host™ - you can too, and get your first 7-days on me by clicking here now.
Marketing your show - this is what I use to generate amazing audiograms for each episode - free to sign up by clicking here